 |
| NYC - Underground Tunnel |
 |
| In SF |
 |
| Rooftop @ the Phun Factory, Queens |
Man I Love California. The weather (78 degrees today) just inspires me to THRIVE. It's the feeling you get after the gym or a good workout where you're Present in the moment, so much so that you're aware of your breathing and how fulfilling that simple automatic response/process can be. A Blessing. I Love NYC also and I've always described the difference between it and the Bay Area as a matter of Quantity of Life vs Quality of Life. It all depends at what stage of life you're in. If you've got the energy you should be in a place like Queens, Manhattan or Brooklyn. There's so much going on, so many different, fast moving people with their own sets of priorities that if you don't have a focus and goal at heart you will get left behind. I say earn your money and keep it so you can enjoy it somewhere else (
It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep - Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest). There's always some place open to relieve you of your funds. Why should they sleep? The Capital of capital. Money, Marketing, Fashion, Lights, Action! Man there's no place like New York and then again there's no place like the Bay Area either. NYC will always be my home though. My parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, G-Mom & G-Pops (on my mothers side), my best friends/homies growing up, etc mostly live in NYC, and my family tree has expanded past NYC and the Dominican Republic finally. We have a couple of uncles on my Mothers side living in Florida now and the rest of my folks as well as the majority of Family from my Fathers side are in Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic. I figure family bonds, the availability of goods from the Dominican Republic and the opportunities available in the Rotten Apple overcome the torment of the Wind Chill Factor! Here in the Bay area after five years I have personally met only three Dominicans, but I hear that there are more out here. We're currently living in Mountain View, where Google has its headquarters, great school system for the little ones, close to two major airports and some of the best weather compared to the rest of the Bay area. I can't complain. I'll just continue to soak up the good vibes and Progress towards a brighter future.
 |
| Plantanos, Yucca, Salchichon Y Queso frito |
 |
| Downtown NYC |
 |
| B to the K...Brooklyn! |
 |
| La Republica Dominicana |
 |
| City by the Bay! |
 |
| Golden Gate, CA |
No comments:
Post a Comment