Tuesday, June 7, 2011
BBQ Beef Ribs with Moro de Maiz and Blue-Strawberry Salad
MMM...BBQ! We're lucky enough to have a Nice big brand new butane grill courtesy of our apartment management, but I just like the charcoal, mesquite, smokey taste. Anyhow, just added this 21 season salute seasoning we got from Trader Joe's, added some salt and BBQing slowly with the charcoals to one side and a pan of water underneath the Beef Ribs to keep them moist. BBQ'ed for an hour now...The rice is a mixture taken from what my mother taught me, which was how to make Moro with rice. That's when you make your rice with beans, corn or another flavoring married/Casado to the rice. After moving to the West Coast I heard a Salvadorian lady call Moro, Casado. It makes sense. I Love it. The kids love it as well. Specially Moro with our favorite Green Pigeon Peas aka Guandules Verdes that can only be found at Whole Foods here in California or when my mother sends us cans from the East coast. We still have about 8-9 cans left from her last visit. Gotta Love it! a mother's Love is like no other. Back to my other Love...BBQ food. I'm writing all of this as I'm waiting for another hour to pass for a total of two hours slow BBQing Beef Ribs. Made ourselves a nice salad while we waited. baby Spinach/Spring Mix with Strawberries, Bluberries and a Strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment