Friday, April 15, 2011

The Neverending Thirst For Knowledge

I have always thirsted for knowledge and understanding. I have sourced through my Grandparents, Family, school, friends, my love of reading, the Encyclopedia's my Mom bought for us (for $1000's) and then watching National Geographic, The History, The Discovery Channel and GOOGLE. After college I thought of the next chapter of my life as the time when I get to choose my own teachings. It's the way I learned to love reading. Farenheit 451 was the first book to open up my literary imagination, but after that I said well let's read some subjects we are interested in or that I would like to learn more about. (I say "we" because even though I am ONE singular person I do have urges that feel like they come from different parts of me. Like the quieter more reserved side of me vs the much more outspoken, energetic self). Then came Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Plato's Republic by Plato, Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka, The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown and The Dominican Republic a National History by Frank Moya Pons among many more. It's funny, but the more that I learn in detail about say programming, investing in the financial markets or horticulture the more I KNOW that I DON'T know. That's wild, well It feels crazy sometimes because of all the directions my mind wants to go in. There are so many questions and so many more possible answers and it makes life worth every moment. Time becomes more and more precious. Becoming a Father definitely added value to my time as well, but then again because of technology like that of the Internet and GOOGLE we can do SO MUCH MORE today than what we could back say 20 years ago so time has truly gained value. Man if I could invest in THAT stock I know it'll go up...a lot like GOLD. If we really think about it, it's like everything else in Life. You have a balance. Much more information can be looked through and garnered, but the quality as to say the sources and knowledge of those sources will be lacking. That's an area of opportunity for anyone able to fight for the cause let me know and we can work on establishing a standard across the Internet sort of like a seal of authenticity for tracing and finding sources and references used to make claims in reports etc. Make reporters responsible for listing these in their online writings. I've seen many sites where certain words within the writings can be clicked on. It seems pretty simple from an implementation aspect, but the difficulty lies in finding an authentic look and feel as well as getting folks to actually utilize the format where their sources can be clicked on and followed to be read through for accuracy. I often feel like I can do anything on my own though and I get excited just thinking about building this, reading that and accomplishing different goals and projects. My current self teachings are in horticulture, programming and planning my wedding with my beautiful Wife-to-be Annaliza Cruz Francisco. She has her own blog named, "Nature's Wife" (Natureswife.blogspot.com). Nice name! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...