Thursday, July 14, 2011

Everything Happens For A Lesson...

The important part is that there's always a lesson to be learned with every negative or perceived to be negative occurrence. You just have to find it and understand it. There is no use in fighting it because even though I loved what I did at T-Mobile for Ritmo Latino Wireless I felt that I was meant for more and I DID think about all the time I would spend with my children along with being paid several months severance, but then again I was losing out on an opportunity even though it was for a small spot under an aging birds wings.
What can you do?
Move on.
After all I worked for a private business owner who made a decision about his own company regardless if I had done anything in the wrong deeming separation he was legally allowed to do it and I knew it. It was unexpected just as I'm sure it was to many others, thus legal actions against them now are not surprising.

That's life so make lemonade right? I love lemonade so ;) here we are today with my quality of LIFE at an all-time high. I can say I am ultimately happy even though I had always targeted a career with a company that had a great reputation where I could build tenure and retire feeling accomplished. Unfortunately, that job style is going extinct. I've felt like I was in the Matrix or The Golden Child with the ground giving away as I stepped on it. First with Anheuser-Busch and all their entities in Busch Gardens/Agriculture, Incredibly effective and funny Advertising & Marketing (my strength and degree) and their many years of being an American staple. I figured I could work here forever specially after seeing all of the money they spent on Marketing. Then one day they get bought out for $52 billion. I guess the dollar was weak and it was a great opportunity in many respects for the Belgian/Brazilian company (InBev) and a couple of months down the line they felt it was most efficient to just sell the wholesaler that I was working for in Stockton so I moved on to try and find opportunities back on the Peninsula closer to San Francisco. Business is business again and there's no real right and wrong. You just have to keep hustling. I knew that even if they had not sold our branch that at some point down the line we would fall victim to cut backs (Labor is the major cost for most U.S. companies). Unfortunately most of what is usually being trimmed doesn't necessarily get reinvested into the companies from which their taken and much of it will be expected by those who "approved" the merger/buyout.

In-between I worked for Comcast through an employment agency and I will say:
#1. Don't ever work through a third-party unless you must
#2. Until Comcast changes their ways I will never work there or recommend anyone working for Comcast
#3. I would quit using Comcast services if there was actually a better option.

Then I wound up at T-Mobile through Ritmo Latino. I always thought T-Mobile made a great decision reaching out to Ritmo Latino. Otherwise Ritmo may have never made it past it's last bootleg stages selling colognes and such but they do cover a very important need which is that of properly servicing the Spanish speaking community. Hundred$ of billion$ of dollars worth of annual spending power. Por eso te lo digo! I thought I could actually grow with this company, but they have their own ways and ideas that unfortunately for them are very different than mine own so on we go... I could easily do a lot of things like go back to T-Mobile corporate. I love technology specially mobile technology, which I think is the future of communication, but instead I spent time with my family and have since gotten in tune with my own natural impulses and motivations in life as well as my ever-growing passions in Horticulture, Writing, Several business ventures that I have an actual personal interest in,  Sports like basketball and baseball, which serve as my ultimate sources of exercise, our health, happiness and overall success in Life.

My life has changed. I no longer feel that I have to put my life aside in order to go work and pay bills. I will live and love what I do every day. I'm not financially rich so that complaint will still be there, but that's about it. I love you Annaliza, Ava and Paolo!

A few more sayings to live by: Don't live without being and feeling alive! - Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...