Sunday, March 25, 2012

Any Time is a Good Time to Stretch...

Anytime is a good time to break into a stretch. I've wondered about the look on the faces of those that have walked into a room where I was stretching. It's one of those things that are so important and we often forget or just pass up. Then we tighten up to a point of rigidity that can cause us to easily break, strain or pull something out of place. Stretch your entire body piece by piece starting with your fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, triceps, shoulders, neck, rib cage, waist, hips, sown to your thighs, legs, calves, ankles and toes. A nice full stretch to feel throughout your being.
With one method I use I start on my hands and knees and with wide open hands I place them in front of me, leaning forward towards them until my toes have lifted and my weight is being balanced solely on my fingers and wrist feeling it all the way up my forearms. You can also use your forehead to support you a bit as you lean forward to get a good top stretch on your fingers. Then you continue feeling the stretch down the rest of your body by resting your hands on your hips and letting your shoulders drop you'll get a nice stretch all the way up to your neck. It'll even stretch your back out some. Once I get a good stretch going I just close my eyes and roll into different areas of my muscles and body parts. This way you can stretch body areas you didn't even know existed or even needed attention. I also find that this focus allows me to work on sensitive areas without hurting myself or overdoing it. Peace and quiet are essential so you can really go deep into a stretch without the worry of going too far. Make sure you breathe deeply. It's so worth it, mornings, noon and night. Stretch to your delight. You can and should also meditate and breathe deeply in order to incorporate a complete approach to this most awesome therapy! Photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...