Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Breathe.

There's always more I have to do and more I want to do. My brain never stops going and there lies the value and reason for my meditation. I know it so well because that silence is priceless and unforgettable. It's not often that anyone raising two preschoolers gets to hear...silence.
But then again like a swarm of ants quickly vibrating to culminate into that burst of energy that jerks me into action with my mind and body active there's no sense of spirit. Just thrive thrive thrive, hustle hustle hustle and get it done get it done get it done. I even get annoyed at being hungry and having to put time aside for making something to eat even though I Love the science and nature of cooking, but the time seems so valuable specially when I'm on a roll "getting it done". I really enjoy the feeling of achieving. A natural high you can say like no other. The last thing I would ever want would be to end up in a situation where if I would have invested more energy and effort into "it" whatever "it" may have been then I could have avoided some negative or unfortunate situation or feeling. I won't let it happen!
There will never be enough time for me, but as long as I focus, breathe and concentrate well enough then I can stay on track and complete every task and effort that is initiated.
It had been so difficult to convince myself that raising my kids and spending a large portion of my days caring for them is really a job as they say. No one is paying me for it, no one really cares, but our family and the kids themselves. I feel that it is more of an inherent responsibility. Like brushing my own teeth in the morning, but it is how I have always wanted to spend my Life Energy. It is a huge struggle in our capitalistic society and the luxury of spending my Life Energy with my children, Educating them and watching them grow makes me feel like a real wealthy man. In every way. I'm paying my bills. I'm good. More money more problems they say. No thanks, say I! There is NOTHING that I have now that I would give up in order to have "money".
Thank you to the authors of "Your Money or Your Life: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence" (By Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin) Thank you Energies that be! Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...