Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Academy of Public Service - Forest Hills High School



I could write so much about this subject, but I'll keep it short and sweet and how sweet it was. Thinking back at least 14 years even though it was about 17 years ago that I first entered the Academy of Public Service while attending Forest Hills High School in Queens, New York and I still rock my shirt proudly. Actually it is one of my favorite t-shirts to go to the gym in because after all these years the material has become the softest most comfortable I have got in stock and yes I am just about the same size!
Oh the memories! APS was the source of life long friendships with the likes of the homie Jonathan Blauner who came out to California for my wedding! The reason I was able to really learn and practice my French speaking was with Alina Obiol (Barbu at the time). We were just having fun, but that practice paid off. For anyone wanting to really learn a new language it is the best way to do so. Don't be afraid of how you sound speaking it and just let it out! Also a big thanks to Ms. Robeson now Ms. Sanchez for putting up with us. We painted walls, benches, planted trees, traveled to Washington D.C., set up Halloween scenes...Wow! Plus all of the folks that came together and met there... James F., Florin L., Jason S., Allison C. and the list goes on and on...When is the next APS meeting? I don't get the newsletter anymore! :( It's never when I'm in town. Oh well, I'll be out there in mid August. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys around if not then Thanks to the powers that be for the Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...